Thursday, December 11, 2014

Let's Spread Some Cheer!

Wow! Time is sure ticking away quickly and the holidays will be here so very soon!

I am loving all your comments. Thank you for sharing your traditions and for your support of Irish Girlie these past 8 (!) years - I'm so thrilled to be a part of the team.

To answer Irish Girlie's query about holiday traditions - I'm all about the food. Especially tamales! If you've never made them, they are very labor intensive so they are traditionally made during Christmastime.

Tamale making day


I also love Christmas music. I can't let the season go by without listening to my favorite albums: A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector and Elvis Prestly's Blue Christmas.

Here's a Christmas Mix I made a couple of years ago with a bunch of my favs:







On my needles right now is December's pattern of the month a lovely Pont Neuf. My knitting bag is from Slipped Stitch Studios. Recognize the fabric?


If you do you're a true Disney fan. It is the wallpaper from the Haunted Mansion! I had to snatch it up when I saw it.

Keep those traditions coming over on the contest blog post!

And don't forget about the sale on popular IGK shawl patterns.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh the tamales! my friends used to make them for new year's then share. labor intensive is right!

love you xmas music selection...

this is going to sound very weird BUT you know how weird i am so...one of my holiday traditions is to get whole foods mashed potatoes and their cranberry sauce from the deli. yes...the cranberry sauce goes on the mashed potatoes. it's my very own creation...no cooking involved.

you think i should have a food blog?

sazzy

Diary of Renabu said...

Thank you ffor sharing this

ShareThis