Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days!

Woohooo!  30 days of blogging for the month of November!  I'm pretty proud of myself and all of you who participated too.  What did you think?  Too many doggy pictures?  I definitely couldn't blog on a daily basis, but it did help me think a bit more creatively about posting.  November was a month with obstacles that would normally prevent me from blogging (e.g., I was sick a lot, had secret knitting projects, busy holiday weekends), so it was interesting to see that I actually was able to come up with things to blog about.

In knitting news....

Tonight I finished one of the secret knitting projects and sent that off.  Yay!  That always feels good.  It had a picot on it, if you recall (sidenote for my bestest friend in the whole wide world...the picot is the bumpy little things on the top of the sock).

I'm finishing up a new sock design for Kollage Yarns, using that pretty skein of Sock-a-licious.  No matter what patterns or designs call to me (e.g., I'm dying to cast on a new shawlette design), when I'm knitting socks, everything seems right.  I shall forever be a sock knitter. 

I need to bust a move on my mystery sock design for the Sock Knitters Anonymous Mystery Sock KAL in January.  My test knitters are ready.  I am not.  But I shall conquer that this weekend.

Did you see this?  I'm so excited to be a part of Twisted's Shawlette Club (that's me designing in Jan. 2013)!!  Look at that list of indie dyers and designers.  I've gone back and forth about stopping all clubs for next year because I just can't keep up, but this club seriously makes me want to sign-up. For March's shipment alone with Tina's yarns and Debbi's awesome designs!

I'm going to TNNA in January!  I will finally, finally get to hang out with Zonda!!! 

I still haven't started Christmas knitting and Mom's birthday gift is still just one glove.  How about you?

My blogiversary is this week too!!  I'm thinking of doing something fun....check back!

Until then...dogggies!

Doggy snuggles

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Manda said...

I hear you on the socks. I've been knitting lots of non-sock things lately, but going back to socks always feels like home.

Can't wait to see your new design. :D And if I fail to wish you a happy blogiversary (since I suck at commenting)... happy blogiversary!! :D

dianne said...

3o days! Nicely done! I'm going to try to remember for next year and play along then.

I hear you on the sock knitting! I've been doing some other things myself and haven't finished a pair of socks since September. I cast some on the other day just because I missed them.

Congrats on the Twisted club :-)

Unknown said...

So much goodness in one post! I've been enjoying reading your blog so I hope you keep telling us about all the great stuff you've been working on, even if the blogging month is over. Congrats on having your design in the shawlette club! I wanted to sign up but it all just gets too expensive for me after a while. Do you know if the designs will be available after the club is over?

Anonymous said...

I've gotta tell you....if you don't stop posting pics of your cutie-patootie pooches, I might come and dognap them. They are unresistable!!

Zonda said...

Whew, you got some busy times ahead! Happy Blogaversary too! Mine is in a couple of weeks as well. I still can't believe next month...

Discoknits said...

Doggies on a knitted blanket, to boot! Awesome pic.
Congrats on making the 30 days - the traveling stopped me in my tracks. However, today is another 1st of the month, so......

Mya said...

Nice job on the 30 days of blogging! And I have one word for my Christmas knitting... HATS! I have cranked out 3 hats as of last night and started another one today. Hats for all! What was I thinking making socks and sweaters and blankets?

Jacey said...

It's awesome that you finished! I'm not sure I could do it.

Shnitzy from Knitting Yarn Blog said...

Try googling "the best knitting blog in the whole wide world" you are on top :)

Shnitzy from Knitting Yarn Blog said...

Try googling "the best knitting blog in the whole wide world" you are on top :)

ShareThis