Thursday, November 3, 2011

Knitting Lab!

Interweave Knitting Lab is in my backyard this weekend.  Well, practically :)  Although I didn't sign up for any classes, I am looking forward to just hanging out with my knitting friends!

Since it is being hosted at the hotel right next to my office building, I just had to stop by the market for a bit after work.  Best part was hanging out for a bit with Rachel Herron, aka Yarnagogo, and author of How to Knit a Love Song (the first of the Cypress Hollow series) and A Life in Stitches (which I'm almost done with and loving!)! She was signing books in Knitted Wit's booth tonight.

IMG_7449

Of course, I did have to admit to her that the fabulous spinning wheel she sold me last year, for $100, has been a bit neglected. But, I know I want to learn to spin because when she said I could pass it on to someone else, my immediate, without hesitation, response was no way! I just need to set aside some time to learn :)

IMG_7445
I had so much fun that I'm even sharing this picture of us....in which you guys now see my hair at the end of a very long day...ugh!  I picked up a copy of How to Knit a Love Song, but I didn't start it tonight.  Lorajean said I wouldn't be able to put it down :)

IMG_7444

Speaking of Lorajean, check out her gorgeous Dancette!  If you're coming to Knitting Lab, stop by and see her gorgeous yarns, many of which are knit up in Irish Girlie Knits samples!  She's carrying all my patterns if you're looking for one in particular.  And be sure to stop by Saturday at Noon when I'll be hanging out with her for an IGK Meet and Greet!

Knitted Wit's booth is right across from Nine Rubies booth, one of my LYS.  Their booth looked fabulous!

IMG_7446

But I especially loved seeing the new Fyberspates yarn that they will be carrying.  They are taking pre-orders at the show.....tempting!

IMG_7448

A lot of fun for a short time in the market!  Tomorrow is going to be fun!  And if you can, I'd love to see you tomorrow night at Nine Rubies, at their store which is just a few miles from Knitting Lab, for their Local Designers Night.

Nine Rubies

Plus, they've been saving their shipment of The Plucky Knitter's Primo fingering just for this event!! Yay!!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits


3 comments:

Discoknits said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time :0) Enjoy your meet-n-greet tomorrow. Post pics :0)

Alicia said...

Oh, I've been meaning to read those books! Very cool.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

What a fabulous post: I get to see you, LJ and her new signage and setup, and the new Fyberspates Scrumptious yarn! The yarn really is scrumptious; I've been fondling it at the Lantern Moon office.

Have a great time with your events. And have fun shopping Knitting Lab!

ShareThis