Thursday, November 17, 2011

Right Now

My head is full.  I'm tired. I'm so unbelievably excited that tomorrow is Friday, which means the weekend is almost here, and I feel good!  And then next week is a very short week at work, followed by lots of family time for Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm really enjoying blogging every day.  Partly because so many of us are blogging every day together.  I love reading everyone's posts! In December, I hope to continue blogging more, but I'm also hoping that my Physical Therapist will give me and my knee the okay to perhaps do some type of exercise every day.  I figure if I was able to set aside sometimes 10 minutes or 30 minutes or more for blogging, I can make time for exercise in December too.  Nothing overly ambitious, but now that I am starting to feel a bit better, just adding a little more.

I'm hopeful that I will actually have a finished birthday gift for mom this year.  Look, one down!  And her birthday isn't until Dec. 16.

comfort food

Comfort Food in BMFA Gaea

I just read Turtlegirl's post with her pretty Honey Badger socks and it made me smile :)  Go look, they'll make you smile too.  And they feature an awesome gusset modification.

I still haven't finished my Honey Badger socks.

But, I'm hoping to finish one of my new picot socks this weekend.  I love that at least 10 of you admitted your love for picots too!  Allison loves picots, but she also loves twisted stitches.  I'll admit that gave me pause.  Hmmm...I've always kind of not liked twisted stitches and sort of avoided them, but to be honest I'm not sure why.  Should I give them another chance?  Maybe...  Actually, Allison has an awesome new design in current issue of Twist Collective that features just enough twisted stitches :)  Pretty pretty!

I love that, just as my knitting friends expressed, some of you guys can't stand picots!  That is going to please them to no end!

I finished reading Rachael Herron's new book, A Life in Stitches.  I loved it.  I want to give the book to my mom for her birthday too.  Rachael's stories resonated with me and really captured why I love that I knit.  Why I am a knitter.  Why I can't imagine ever not knitting. 

I'm reading (well, I'm on page 4?) the Hunger Games now.  Disco just started the series, and it reminded me that it has been on my must-read list for awhile. 

Speaking of books.....admit it...who already has their Breaking Dawn tickets???  I'm proud to say I'm not seeing it opening weekend, but my friends and I have plans to go see it Tuesday night after knit nite!! Yay!  Cheesy vampire romance....I'll definitely bring my knitting to the movie I think :)

And now I'm going to go watch Bones, knit on my picot sock, and then go to bed. 

What's going on with you guys right now?

Happy almost Friday!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

Allison said...

Awwww, you're too sweet. Thanks for the shout-out. :) And, yes, you really ought to inject some twisted stitches into your life. :)

Discoknits said...

Hunger Games is getting exciting. It's kinda scary. But hopeful, because, you know, there are sequels ;0)
I like Allison's design - twisted stitches and nobbles :0)
big hugs
xo

Neuroknitter said...

Can't wait for the new picot sock to be revealed! Cristi's gusset mod on the HBs is awesome.

Missed Bones for X-Factor results; was knitting, but sadly not on a picot sock :( Hunger Games is on the 'to read' list, and will prob'ly see a matinee of Breaking Dawn soon...very soon!
Happy Friday!! xo

Zonda said...

That yarn looks deliciously soft! Yay for getting a present 1/2 done early :) Have a good weekend!

Manda said...

I like the way picots LOOK, but I don't like MAKING them. Does that make sense? lol.

The mitts are lovely!! :D

Hunger Games = awesome. Loved the story, can't wait for the movie!! It's exciting, and Katniss is a way better lead than Bella. :D

Speaking of Bella, my plan is to go see Breaking Dawn pt 1 tomorrow after my WW meeting at 10am. I've found that, even on opening weekend, I can watch the movie in peace w/o screaming teenyboppers at the first or 2nd showing on the Saturday or Sunday. It's a very enjoyable experience, and I'm already up anyway.

Jo said...

Well, I have to wait until Monday to see Breaking Dawn - but just because I have that day off and I can ship both girls to daycare :) Plus I figure if I see a midday showing, I won't have to put up with the teenage girls...

ShareThis