Just a quick update tonight because I prefer not to write posts while on super-stronger-than-vicodin pain meds. I also prefer not to knit on those meds, so today has been mostly all about sleeping. Here's a quick rundown of how I spent my day today.
1. Slept in and so excited to have that extra hour of sleep since I was up every three hours to take pain meds and ice my face.
2. Woke up thinking perhaps the pain had gotten better, but then looked in the mirror and realized my entire left cheek and part of my mouth were swollen. Very different than prior head problem, and figured perhaps I should call my dentist, but called my doctor first.
3. Awesome doctor heard my symptoms and told me to meet him in the office in 40 minutes. On a Sunday. Bless his heart!
4. He thinks it may be some type of yucky dental infection, so prescribed antibiotic and stronger pain meds. Positive thing is that he doesn't think it is related to other head stuff.
5. Called my dentist and I have an appointment with her tomorrow afternoon.
6. Picked up meds and then slept for 5 hours.
7. Wondered what the dentist is going to do tomorrow since I can barely open my mouth it is so swollen. As in more swollen than after any root canal or gum surgery I have had.
8. This limited eating thing may do wonders for my diet this week :)
9. Ready to head back to bed.
No knitting though today. Thoroughly bummed. My vision of a lazy Sunday knitting on the couch didn't quite happen.
On the bright side, thank goodness I have awesome doctors who are so responsive. And hopefully the antibiotics will kick in tonight and my face won't be so swollen tomorrow.
And thank goodness this didn't happen Friday or Saturday! I would have been super bummed to miss the fun knitting events, which I promise to share details of hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday!