Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quick Update

Just a quick update tonight because I prefer not to write posts while on super-stronger-than-vicodin pain meds.  I also prefer not to knit on those meds, so today has been mostly all about sleeping.  Here's a quick rundown of how I spent my day today.

1. Slept in and so excited to have that extra hour of sleep since I was up every three hours to take pain meds and ice my face. 
2. Woke up thinking perhaps the pain had gotten better, but then looked in the mirror and realized my entire left cheek and part of my mouth were swollen.  Very different than prior head problem, and figured perhaps I should call my dentist, but called my doctor first.
3. Awesome doctor heard my symptoms and told me to meet him in the office in 40 minutes.  On a Sunday. Bless his heart!
4. He thinks it may be some type of yucky dental infection, so prescribed antibiotic and stronger pain meds.  Positive thing is that he doesn't think it is related to other head stuff.
5. Called my dentist and I have an appointment with her tomorrow afternoon.
6. Picked up meds and then slept for 5 hours.
7.  Wondered what the dentist is going to do tomorrow since I can barely open my mouth it is so swollen.  As in more swollen than after any root canal or gum surgery I have had.
8.  This limited eating thing may do wonders for my diet this week :)
9. Ready to head back to bed.

No knitting though today.  Thoroughly bummed.  My vision of a lazy Sunday knitting on the couch didn't quite happen.
On the bright side, thank goodness I have awesome doctors who are so responsive.  And hopefully the antibiotics will kick in tonight and my face won't be so swollen tomorrow.

And thank goodness this didn't happen Friday or Saturday!  I would have been super bummed to miss the fun knitting events, which I promise to share details of hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday!

Night night!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. In the mean time, pain meds are a great option. What did we do before them? Ouch!

Carol said...

Oh that is no fun at all. I feel your pain. I hope that tomorrow everything works out good and you are able to at least do some knitting.
Hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers for quick healing and for God to bless the hands of the dentist as he helps you.
Rest easy,
Carol

doulanana said...

Hope you feel better and back to knitting very soon!

Manda said...

ugh, that's no fun. feel better, dear!

Discoknits said...

So pleased to hear the doctors were on that right away. And that they work Sundays! Who knew?! Good luck with the surgery today - we'll be praying for you xo

MicheleinMaine said...

Oh dear, this sounds quite awful. I hope the dentist and doctor can fix you up soon!
Hugs,
Michele

Renee Anne said...

Oh good lord! I have never had an infection in my mouth but I've had enough surgery to last me a lifetime. I can only imagine the pain (and I don't like doing that so I'm going to stop).

I hope you start feeling better!

Elizabeth D said...

Nasty -- thinking of you!

Neuroknitter said...

Feel better soon!! xo

Jo said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Zonda said...

((hugs!!)) hoping they find out what's going on and help you out!!!

ShareThis